Wednesday 21 March 2018

Cave Stream

When we got to cave stream I rushed to get changed. After that, I ate my bar and then we started to walk down to the cave. the adrenaline rushed through my body I was so excited. when I first put my feet in the water I couldn't feel it because of how thick my socks were after a bit I could and it was freezing. When we entered the cave it was so cold. On the first corner the ice cold water got deeper and deeper and deeper the more you went around the corner it was above my waist but after the corner, it shallowed out and the rest of it was mostly at my ankles some parts went up to my waist but not as high as the first corner. After a while, we got to a big ledge and all got up and turned our torches off and the teacher told us a true story about a family who were all in jeans and a T-shirt they must have been freezing because I was wearing so many layers. On the first semi-big waterfall Russel was helping most of us up but some people lost footing because the rocks were slippery. In the end, we had to climb up this big ladder thing and the adrenaline was pumping through my veins once I got up I had to slide through the last piece on my stomach because it was quite small. Now when I go to Christchurch I can say that I have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments.